Before You Buy A B Yoga Mat – Read This Review
There has been a surge in the popularity of home and studio yoga classes. People are doing it to get healthy/toned, relieve stress, and simply for the joy of getting their bodies moving.
Yoga mats, too, have gone from being an expensive commodity only to be found at your local gym or studio to becoming a standard furniture item in people's homes.
With this increased interest in yoga mats comes many choices when picking out your next mat.
The market has everything from $1 mats to $100 mats in all shapes and sizes. With so many options available, the question arises: What makes a good yoga mat? It is a tricky question to answer because it's highly subjective.
This article reviews a B Yoga mat, a company that specializes in eco-friendly mats that are reasonably priced. Let us find out about the company!
About B yoga mat
- THE BEST YOGA MAT: A premium yoga, fitness, and workout mat from B YOGA. This 6mm (1/4-inch thick) yoga mat is the perfect thickness and weight to provide grip and comfort during exercise, from super sweaty and fast-moving flows to room-temp yin with long holds.
- ECO-FRIENDLY & BIODEGRADABLE: Crafted with 100% non-slip rubber, this eco-friendly fitness and yoga mat features natural, open-cell technology for moisture-wicking, anti-odor properties. Our yoga and pilates mat can withstand heat and high-intensity workouts! The B Mat also utilizes synthetic rubber for increased durability and longevity.
- STAY GROUNDED: Uniquely designed for traction, stability and superior grip, this deluxe yoga mat provides comfort and support. Each B-MAT has an ultra-grippy, sticky top to keep you grounded and stable. The non-slip design on our textured mat is easy to clean and care for.
- PERFECT FOR EXERCISE: Made for superior performance, this non-slip yoga mat is perfect for anyone! Whether you practice high-impact Vinyasa, want extra comfort for Restorative or meditation, or need support for pilates and stretching, these exercise mats are ideal for anybody. Our colorful yoga mats are designed with an emphasis on performance with beautiful, contemporary design.
- ABOUT B YOGA: Our B Mat is made in Spain. B YOGA is committed to creating sustainable and responsibly produced no-slip yoga mats and yoga equipment for home, gym, and studio workouts. The B Mat is made in regular and thin versions for the ultimate versatility.
Andrea Morris, the creator of B Yoga, formed her concept while working at The Stewart Group, her family’s fifth-generation manufacturing and technology firm.
She was working with a new form of rubber initially designed for carpet pads when she discovered that the material's unique properties might make it the ideal yoga mat.
The mats have an incredibly gripping feel, are eco-friendly, and are pretty durable. The B MAT was developed after constant experimentation and fine-tuning.
B Yoga debuted in February 2014, bringing to the yoga world basic yet timeless yoga fundamentals. Mats, blocks, and clothes are all part of the B Yoga collection.
B Mat options
- Traveller – A lightweight choice for yogis on the move
- Mini – A high-quality mat for children
- And the Everyday – A mat designed for use in any exercise daily.
Stickiness & texture:
There is no need to moisten the mat before practice. The texture is slightly gritty and has a rubbery feel to it.
The grip/anti-slip quality is the finest I've encountered so far. The thicker your B Yoga mat, the more cushioned your practice will be.
With all of the variations available, there is a perfect B Yoga mat for everyone.
There are several sizes available, ranging from 2mm to 6mm. The Everyday mat is ideal for a high-intensity vinyasa class.
It is sturdy enough for balancing postures while still being grippy enough for inversions and arm balances.
If you want extra cushioning in your practice, go for the Strong mat, ideal for injuries, Restorative, and Yin practices.
The travel mat is compact and easy to transport on business travels and yoga conferences, and festivals. Each mat has a High-Density Cushion for added comfort, joint protection, and flexibility on any surface (carpet, cement, hardwood floors).
B Yoga mat is constructed entirely of natural rubber. It is an open-cell (porous), allowing sweat and water to seep into the mat, but the pores are not large enough for things to lodge.
The chemical odour of natural rubber fades nearly instantly after a few usages and a wash. Their environmental strategy is fantastic!
The rubber they use is entirely natural and is manufactured with OEKO-TEX Certified Production for non-toxic emissions.
Size and style:
It is available in a range of sizes and nine colours.
Price and warranty
The price ranges from $48-$95.
All B MATs come with a one-year warranty. The warranty will be valid if the mat has been cared for by their Care and Maintenance Instructions.
However, the warranty does not cover sun damage, incorrect care and maintenance, or any changes made to the mat.
You can’t find a more grippy mat for hot yoga than this one. It’s very sticky and shows no signs of slowing down after a few usages.
The B MAT is not the cheapest mat on the market, but it is significantly less expensive than some of its very high-end competitors.
If you're searching for a nice heated yoga mat that won't break the budget, this may be the one.
Portable and lightweight
With a weight of only 4.1 pounds, this mat is highly portable.
It's a full-sized mat, but it'd be ideal for travel over larger, heavier mats because of its lightweight.
It’s a good size for practice without becoming too bulky.
It’s possible that it’s overly grippy.
It may sound like an odd complaint, but if you enjoy mild courses like Yin, for example, this mat may be too intense, and you may have difficulty relocating gently.
It's ideal for power and hot yoga courses.
The design is a tad boring.
It is merely a slight disadvantage. After all, you want your mat to perform, not look nice.
However, there isn't much going on in terms of design here. The mats come in primary colours, and that's about it, but there are nine to pick from!
It doesn’t smell good at first!
When you first unwrap this mat, the scent will take your breath away.
Where to buy B yoga mats?
B Yoga mats can be bought at Amazon, B Yoga stores, eBay, and Evolve footwear.
How to care for the B Mat?
You must avoid keeping your mat out in the sun for an extended time (the heat hardens the natural rubber). In addition, lint tends to adhere to the mat since it is made of natural rubber.
How to clean the mat?
B Yoga suggests washing down your mat regularly (often after every couple of courses, rather than every day) with plain water or a very mild soap solution.
To give your yoga mat a lovely, gentle clean, you may prepare your cleaning solution from heavily diluted vinegar and lemon juice.
On the mat, never use strong soaps or chemicals. If you want to get it very clean, soak it in a bathtub with a bit of light soap or spray it down with a hose.
After cleaning it, put it out to dry (but not in the sun!) before rolling it back up and using it.
Liforme Yoga Mat
- TRANSFORM YOUR PRACTICE – This Premium Yoga mat is designed to be the most innovative & comfortable mat on the market to optimise your home exercises. This product comes with a free Yoga bag.
- ULTIMATE GRIP – This premium mat benefits from the ground-breaking Liforme “GripForMe” material that gives you unparalleled warrior-like grip whilst practicing.
- REVOLUTIONARY ALIGNMENT SYSTEM – Our intelligently designed unique “AlignForMe” system helps guide and prevent injuries to Yogis of all experience levels, maximising Yoga enjoyment.
- TRULY PLANET FRIENDLY – Liforme incorporates the most ‘body kind’ specially engineered eco-polyurethane and rubber. These mats are PVC free, biodegradable in 1-5 years in normal landfill conditions and made using high quality non-toxic materials that keep the mat clean and hygienic.
- MADE BY YOGIS, FOR YOGIS – Liforme Yoga Mats are loved and adored by 100s of 1000s of Women and Men Worldwide. Join the Liforme family with this unique, comfortable and thick Mat.
– a popular eco-friendly competitor to B Yoga
This 24" by 68" mat weighs 3.5 pounds and is natural rubber with no phthalates or latex.
In addition, it’s OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified, which means that it has been tested and certified to be free of harmful chemicals and materials (and is safe for all ages). The Liforme Eco Mat is for Hot Yoga, but it performs well in any style of yoga.
Jade Harmony Yoga Mat
- THE PERFECT YOGA MAT: At 3/16” thick, the Jade Harmony() Yoga Mat is the perfect combination of grip, comfort, and weight - making it our most popular yoga mat, ranked #1 by many yoga teachers and practitioners. And like all Jade mats, the Harmony() mat is made sustainably with natural rubber tapped from rubber trees, a rapidly renewable resource.
- NON-SLIP: Natural, open-cell rubber provides a better cushion than synthetic rubber, making it easier to achieve and hold poses. It makes the perfect exercise mat for men, women, and anyone looking for a nature-friendly and slip-resistant workout mat.
- NATURAL MATERIALS: Jade yoga mats are made from entirely toxin-free materials with no PVC, phthalates, heavy metals, or other harsh chemicals. Easy to clean, we recommend JadeYoga's plant-based Mat Wash, so you can spend more time focusing on your yoga practice.
- SUSTAINABLE RUBBER: JadeYoga mats are made in the USA with imported rubber that is carefully sourced with the future in mind. Our yoga mats are made from natural rubber, tapped from rubber trees, a rapidly renewable resource.
- BE THE CHANGE: Jade is committed to giving back to the earth with every mat sold. We want to leave the earth a better place than when we found it. As Jade mats come from trees, we decided to give back by planting a tree for every mat sold. And since 2006, through our partnership with Trees for the Future, we have done just that, planting over two million trees so far.
– an excellent mat for hot yoga and meditation. Its flexibility and stability make it one of the most well-known yoga mats available today.
I use the Jade Harmony almost every day, and it's my favourite mat in the house.
Amara Yoga Mat
– this mat is made from 100% natural rubber with added grip, stability, and cushioning. It’s a bit more expensive than most B mats, but it’s ideal for hot yoga, and you won’t have to worry about slipping.
Manduka PRO Yoga Mat
- PRO YOGA MAT: Professional quality ultra-supportive 6mm thick yoga mat, for the serious yogi, Pilates, barre or fitness aficionado; Pair with one of our performance towels for extra grip during sweaty sessions
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Comfortable medium thickness for stability and joint protection; 4.7mm cushioned exercise mat; Closed-cell material prevents moisture and sweat from entering mat; Pair with a towel to improve wet grip
- QUALITY MATERIAL: Beloved by teachers worldwide for over 25 years; Meticulously crafted in Germany, from PVC that has been certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX; Responsibly crafted in an emissions-free facility
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Our PRO series mats are built to last a lifetime; Closed-cell technology material wicks sweat and moisture, and is easy to maintain and clean; Keep mat looking great, use Manduka's Yoga Mat Wash Cleaner
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Standard sizeStandard size, 71" x 26", 6mm thick; Black Color; Each mat is meticulously handmade, so sizes may vary slightly; Offered with a Lifetime Warranty when sold and shipped by Amazon
– the Manduka PRO is a fantastic choice for any yogi interested in a high-quality, eco-friendly mat. It’s created from natural rubber and weighs 4 pounds.
It comes at a higher price point than most B mats, so this is not the best option if you're on a budget.
If you’re searching for a heated yoga mat that will do the job for you regarding comfort, grip, temperature management, and durability, a B Yoga mat is perhaps the best choice.
If you're on a tight budget, this is not an option for you. But if you don't want to compromise with your yoga practice, the B Mat will help your practice to be pain-free and fulfilling.
There you have it! You know everything about the B Mat by B Yoga! I hope you enjoyed the review!