If you haven’t, you might not know that they come in many different shapes and sizes. But no matter what size you get, it’s essential to understand that they all have one thing in common. That is, they all have a hole in them.
In this article, I will show you how to fix the hole in the yoga ball that you are using. So if you want to keep using your yoga ball and not have to buy a new one every time it falls apart, then read on...
Let’s begin with knowing a little about the yoga balls:
Benefits of Using a Yoga Ball
Here are some of the benefits that you will surely enjoy when you use a yoga ball:
When you use a yoga ball, you will strengthen those underused muscles as the ball forces the weaker muscles to take on the stronger ones.
Yoga balls can be used by those who want to increase their flexibility in a very natural and healthy way.
The balls are fun and easy to use for beginners, but they can also give more advanced users outstanding results.
Whether you are using it for stretching or strength training, this type of exercise equipment will help improve your balance in no time at all.
Using a yoga ball helps improve your posture in challenging ways to do otherwise. Using a yoga ball will perfect your posture and help avoid back pain.
Help with exercise:
Yoga balls can help you get the activity you need. They allow those struggling with injuries or those who are not physically able to work out to still get the benefits of strength training without having to strain themselves too much while doing so.
Types of Yoga Balls
Here are the most common types of yoga balls:
Swiss Ball (Large Exercise Ball):
- ANTI BURST & SLOW DEFLATION - Our exercise ball is made with the honey comb structure which makes it deflate slowly and burst resistant if punctured, thus reducing the risks of injury due to falls to the ground and offering you the most caring protection like your endearing mom’s!
- NON SLIP SURFACE - The Swiss ball is not picky at all when it comes to the practice venue - be it home, the gym or outdoors, the premium slip prevention will leave you feeling safe and your movements worry free. Not to mention it’s one-thing-for-all - Pilates, Yoga, pregnancy gymnastics or various other low-impact exercises, you name it. And don’t forget the total body exercise ball HIIT cardio workout!
- Office Ball Chair for Fun and Better Posture - Tired of the ordinary office chairs? No worries! We have you covered! Try our Office Ball Chair for a healthier and more active lifestyle. This chair is a magician that corrects your posture and eventually drives your back pain away! Plus, you can even treat yourself with a highly efficient back and abdominal strengthening or some deep stretches that you long deserve during or after work!
- TOP QUALITY MATERIAL - Our exercise ball proudly stands itself out among the products of the same class. It is strictly weight tested and can resist up to 330 lbs. The strong material is nicely made with non toxic PVC material, thus free of BPA & heavy metals.
- EASY TO INFLATE AND PERFECT PACKAGING - Time is money! This exercise ball literally save your life in a hectic world with its quick inflation pump that comes with it, as well as 2 air stoppers and detailed instructions for you to follow. Available in 5 sizes, 45cm 55cm 65cm 75cm 85cm to meet your special needs.
You will mostly see them in health clubs, hospitals, and many rehabilitation clinics as they are suitable for several health benefits.
These include improving posture, flexibility, balance and strengthening the core muscles. Physical therapists also use this type of ball for post-operative therapy for their patients.
Small Exercise Balls
These are small exercise balls for your home. They are made of resilient rubber material, have a round shape, and you can use it as a desk or part of your workout routine.
Small exercise balls are also commonly used by physical therapists and rehabilitation therapists.
Yoga Stretching Balls:
These balls stretch the muscles in the body in specific ways. The balls are best used within yoga classes or personal trainers to integrate regular stretching into their fitness regimen.
However, you can also use them right in your home to help you with flexibility exercises that you can do anytime throughout the day without anybody knowing about it.
- Massage at home: If you suffer from muscle soreness and stiffness after workouts, this massage ball set is the perfect solution for you. Going to a professional massage therapist can be costly and time consuming. Now you can enjoy the benefits of self-massage at home. This exercise ball set is suitable for neck, back, shoulder massage, tissue massage and trigger point release. It’s a great massager set to use after stretching, yoga, running, cross fit, gym workouts or other exercise regimes.
- Myofascial release: This 6 piece trigger point massage ball set has everything you need to conduct massage ball therapy from home. The foam balls can be used for effective myofascial massage, muscle massage, neck massage and self-care. Myofascial release therapy has been shown to have a wide range of benefits including; working out muscle knots, better circulation and fluid flow to the muscles, improving soreness and tension, increasing the range of movement, and improving pain.
- Easy to use: This easy to use set is great for use on different areas of the body. We’ve included balls of different sizes, plus a hand exercise ball to give you the options you need for full body massage. This gives you all the benefits of a massage roller but with more flexibility. The spiky ball is great for use on feet and may help to reduce the pain of plantar fasciitis. It’s a no-brainer to have in your yoga accessories or fitness kit. Easily massage your shoulders, back, hips and legs.
- Portable: The handy carry bag allows you to take your lacrosse and peanut massage balls with you wherever you go. They’re so lightweight you can easily take them to the gym, yoga, fitness studio or on vacation. The exercise balls are perfect for getting to hard to reach places like the shoulders and back. It’s so easy to incorporate into your daily routine! The massage ball set is also great for muscle tension release after extensive car journeys or long periods sat at the office.
- Hygienic: This set is easy to keep clean, simply wipe with mild disinfectant spray or soapy water in between uses. Having your own portable accessories is great for those with hygiene concerns about using communal fitness equipment. You can even take this set to the gym or physical therapy appointments. Made from high quality and durable materials, our massage balls are designed to last and provide you with the best value for money.
These are an essential part of your therapy ball set that helps strengthen and rehabilitate the muscles, joints, and tendons.
In addition, physical therapists, coaches and athletics trainers use it to help you repair your muscles after they have been injured or strained.
Hand Exercise Ball
A hand exercise ball is a small therapy tool designed to help with strengthening your grip and keeping the hands limber.
You can use it as part of your regular workout routine or any time you have free time.
Knee Exercise Ball:
- Small therapy ball strengthens key muscles in the abdomen, enhances core health, and improves endurance, posture, and balance when used in rehabilitation, strengthening, and toning exercise programs
- Place small pilates ball under lower back when performing crunches and other ab workouts to create a more challenging and intense abdominal exercise routine
- Position soft ball between your body and the floor or wall to improve stability, balance, and muscle endurance, especially when used in a shoulder strengthening or core strengthening program
- Anti-burst 9 inch diameter ball is designed to remain elastic and squishy when fully inflated and is slightly textured to stay in place while performing yoga, pilates, or physical therapy exercises
- Pump not required, can be easily inflated with included tube and breath, comes with instruction booklet that includes various abdominal, upper body, lower body, and shoulder rehabilitation exercises
As the name implies, knee exercise balls help with strengthening your knees and helping you recover after an injury.
However, they are not for replacing physical therapy. Instead, they help you until you receive a more advanced treatment from a physical therapist or professional chiropractor.
Bursting Exercise Balls:
Bursting exercise balls are the best way to help improve and develop your muscle strength, tone and fitness level. In addition, this type of exercise ball helps to heal yourself from an injury.
If your muscles get strained or have just sustained an injury, you can use these balls to relieve the soreness and pain while helping your physical body recover.
How to Patch a Yoga Ball?
You can quickly fix holes in your yoga ball by purchasing a small patch. And you don’t have to worry about knowing the right tools because they are now readily available.
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Get the right size patch (especially if there are multiple holes). So that you do not have to worry about it being too small or too big, purchase a patch that is a few inches bigger than the original hole size.
Step 2: Gently stretch out your original ball by gently squeezing out the air inside it. Stop worrying and repack it with the patch if you see it starts to tear or crack.
Step 3: Use a hot glue gun to apply glue to the patch. Make sure that the patch is thoroughly covered in the glue.
Step 4: Apply the patch over your original hole and gently push it down until it sticks. Let it dry for a few minutes, and that’s it!
Do Yoga Balls Burst?
High-quality balls do not burst. That’s because the quality of the rubber compounds used to make them is superior to what is used to make lower-priced balls. These products are specially designed to hold air until the small crack or hole is closed.
In this process, the loss of air is gradual, not instantaneous. But, this is only applicable to those injuries that can be corrected by simply stretching your muscle.
If the damage is more severe or affects your range of motion, you need to see your physician immediately.
When cracks or holes are too long or too deep, they're in dire need of repair. Sometimes, these injuries result from stress, but this is not always the case. The material used for yoga balls is similar to what you would find in an inner tube.
It’s durable and can withstand wear and tear. But when regular use leads to an overstretching injury, the rubber compounds may rupture, causing the yoga ball to lose air. It will cause it to deflate until it bursts slowly.
Which Yoga Ball Injuries are Repairable?
Depending on the severity of the damage, it may or may not be repairable. Small cracks and holes in your home’s siding or windows is easily fixable.
But, if you want to be the best, you must have a strong foundation. Out of the question are cracks and holes.
What’s important here is that you make the foundation as strong as possible. It is why they are not available.
There are not all sizes of patches available. A ball patch is the best way to fix a yoga ball. It works wonders in healing any damage caused by vigorous play.
Yoga balls are great for many different situations. They can help you improve your physical fitness and give you the benefits of strengthening your muscles and helping you prevent injuries. They also improve your flexibility and help with balance issues.
But what makes the best yoga ball to choose is not just the price tag or the reviews you read on Amazon.
The best yoga ball should be a quality product that will last and last! It should be durable, strong, and not break easily between uses – This is especially important if you will use it in a commercial setting as many of them do when used by gym members or staff at workplaces.