Many respected health writers and nutritionists recommend the breakfast choices for yogis below.
What to eat for breakfast?
To make the best choice of foods, you need to choose fresh food that is not preserved. These foods are very nutritious, like fruit, vegetable, nuts, low-fat milk, and cheese.
You can also include whole grains that provide energy to your body immediately. In addition, eating the same meals every day may help you control your hunger level.
So, let’s not waste any time and start your day with a proper breakfast. What are the best foods for breakfast for yogis like you and me?
- Water – Yogis need at least 6 to 8 glasses of water every day. It helps them keep hydrated. You can add a slice of lemon or lime into your warm water mug if you like. Others add mint leaves for a refreshing taste.
- Fruit is the most uncomplicated yet best healthy food for yogis as numerous people love fruits. What’s more, it’s very delicious to eat.
Whether local or imported, it's not hard to find fruits, as you can buy them at grocery stores or ask your fruit seller about fresh fruit supply delivered daily.
Try carrot, apple, beetroot, celery, and a piece of ginger, or apple, orange, celery, and cucumber, and mix it to make a fruit juice. Any of your favourite combos will work, as long as you don’t add too much fruit.
- Vegetables – Although you may not love vegetables as much as fruit, they are vital health-boosting foods for yogis as they give you energy and other nutrients your body needs.
So do not forget to include veggies in your diet until you chew them well to have a healthy breakfast.
- Yoghurt – you need to have yoghurt at least twice a week for breakfast if you want to be healthy. Yoghurt is also suitable for weight control. You can make it at home or buy it from your superstore.
You can choose low-fat yoghurt, but be sure to check the label first. You can also add fresh berries or frozen berries to your favourite flavour of yoghurt!
- Green Smoothie – one of the most popular breakfast combinations for yogis, this one is made from fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts or seeds, and water. Add some yoghurt when you are making the drink.
A ripe banana, a handful of berries, kale leaves, hemp or sprouted rice protein powder, and maca powder are excellent options.
- Oatmeal – when you are a healthy choice for breakfast in your diet, you can include oatmeal to be even more delicious. Some people also prefer to have oatmeal and adding coconut milk to it.
For your sake, I recommend that you have both these foods in separate dishes to keep them fresh without destroying the taste of the whole meal.
- Muesli Mix – a mixture of oats, nuts, flax seeds, and grains is one of the yogis’ healthiest breakfast choices. Found in a health store or supermarkets, muesli mixes are always available on the shelves.
You can add some vegetable juice to make it more delicious. I love nutty muesli with yoghurt and berries on the side.
- Toast with Avocado – This is one of the most popular breakfast choices for yogis. You can make this meal at home or buy toast from any reputable bakery. The avocado is available in the superstore.
The best thing to do with it is to slice it and put them on your toast. Of course, you may also apply some herbs like garlic or ginger if you like.
- Energy Bars – here comes another popular healthy breakfast choice for yogis that may be found in your local grocery store, health shop, even online stores.
However, you have to remember that they are high in calories, so if you want to be healthy, you have to restrict yourself from eating them as much as possible.
- Eggs – when you are looking for an excellent breakfast, eggs can be a perfect choice for you. They are easy to prepare and highly versatile. But make sure that you carefully choose fresh eggs if you want to be healthy.
You can also apply various flavourings like chilli pepper, ginger, or kelp powder to turn your egg dishes into an exciting experience for breakfast.
Preparing eggs doesn’t take much time; they are ideal for people who always feel hungry in the morning.
These are some healthy breakfast choices for yogis that you have to try to be healthy. Most of them are easy to prepare and can be served as a quick breakfast for your family.
If you have a favourite healthy breakfast choice for yogis, please share in the comments form below.