So there are a wide variety of yoga mats available on the market. So every individual is unique and has different needs, so it becomes essential to choose the right mat for your practice.
Manduka Pro is a durable, eco-friendly yoga mat made from PVC. However, it offers no padding and is not as comfortable as Jade Fusion.
Jade Fusion Yoga Mat is a non-toxic mat that comes in many different colours and has the added benefit of being an extra cushion for those who need some extra padding.
So, let us take a close look at the details of these two types of yoga mats and decide which one is better for you.
Beginner Yoga Mats
Beginner yogis have many things to consider before they buy a yoga mat. For a beginner, things to consider are the type of yoga mat they should buy and where and when they can use their newfound skill.
- Standard: 7.5 lbs; 71" x 26"; 6 mm thick ; Non-toxic, emissions-free manufacturing, 100% latex free
- Closed-cell surface to keep moisture and sweat from seeping into the mat and breeding bacteria (ideal for hot yoga)
- High-density cushion for unparalleled experience, joint protection, and versatility on any surface (carpet, cement, hardwood floors)
- Fabric-like surface finish for optimal movement between poses
- Sustainable engineering ensures high quality material will not peel, flake or fade. Product improves with use over time
Manduka pro is a PVC-based yoga mat. It has 4mm of thickness, and it’s made of a closed-cell material, so it doesn’t absorb moisture.
As a result, it is very sturdy, durable, and heavy (some might say too much), which are the appropriate features for someone new to Yoga.
In addition, the propylene glycol content makes it impervious to water or sweat. So if you are looking for a new mat with the most convenience, Manduka Pro is the best one for you.
Jade Fusion Yoga Mat
- PREMIUM QUALITY: JadeYoga mats are specially designed to provide a superior level of traction. We only use natural rubber because it provides a better grip and has more cushion and is better for the earth than synthetic rubbers (PVC, PER, TPE, EVA). The result is a yoga mat that provides grip, comfort, and durability.
- ULTRA COMFORTABLE MAT: The Fusion mat is a thick exercise mat designed for restorative yoga, Yin yoga, Pilates, core fitness, or anytime you need extra comfort! At 5/16” thick, the Fusion Mat provides extra cushion for whenever you want, or need maximum comfort.
- NATURAL MATERIALS: Jade yoga mats are made from entirely toxin-free materials with no PVC, phthalates, heavy metals, or other harsh chemicals. Easy to clean, we recommend JadeYoga's plant-based Mat Wash, so you can spend more time focusing on your yoga practice.
- SUSTAINABLE RUBBER: JadeYoga mats are made in the USA with imported rubber that is carefully sourced with the future in mind. Our yoga mats are made from natural rubber, tapped from rubber trees, a rapidly renewable resource.
- BE THE CHANGE: Jade is committed to giving back to the earth with every mat sold. We want to leave the earth a better place than when we found it. As Jade mats come from trees, we decided to give back by planting a tree for every mat sold. And since 2006, through our partnership with Trees for the Future, we have done just that, planting over two million trees so far.
Jade yoga mat is a non-toxic yoga mat that comes in many different colours and has the added benefit of being highly cushioned for those who require more padding. The mat has two layers of foam, one for comfort and one for support.
As a result, it offers extra comfort to the practitioners and is noticeably more comfortable than Manduka pro.
The closed-cell top layer absorbs sweat, but it can peel away if you don’t wipe it clean; hence, Jade recommends avoiding moisture if you want it to remain in good condition for a long time.
Lightweight Yoga Mats
Lightweight yoga mats are not heavy on you and are easy to carry. They are easy to clean and come in different designs. So people who are always travelling can own them.
This mat is very heavy, which can be a drawback for some. But if you’re looking for a safer option and don’t mind the extra weight, this is the best choice for you.
It offers more padding, but it's not as lightweight as the Jade yoga mat. It weighs 3 pounds, twice as much as Jade Yoga Mat (1 pound).
It has nonslip surface textures that keep your hands and feet from slipping during sweaty practices. In addition, it comes in a variety of colours.
Jade Fusion Yoga Mat
This mat is lighter and is among the lightest available on the market. It weighs 1.5 pounds, almost half as much as Manduka pro (3 pounds).
In addition, it offers more support than Manduka pro and has more padding than that Jade Pro.
As a result, many people find this mat to be highly comfortable to practice on, while others prefer it just because they don’t need more padding.
Hot Yoga Mat:
Do you prefer cold Yoga or hot Yoga? Hot Yoga is a slower form that focuses more on the core. It includes Yoga poses like warrior, press up and plank for a longer time.
Hot Yoga mats are better to practice Hot Yoga because they offer more padding, hence offering better support.
As we have already mentioned, Manduka pro is not as lightweight as Jade’s yoga mat. So it’s not the right mat for practice in the heat.
You need to be careful while using this mat in hot weather (e.g., summer). The material of this mat could melt if you use it during summer, and it could be dangerous.
Jade Yoga Mat
It is a good choice for hot yoga practice. It’s made of natural tree rubber mats which are plant-based and Eco-friendly materials.
You can rely on the stability of this mat while you practice hot Yoga. Many customers have found that it provides extra cushioning and comfort to them during their practices.
In addition, this mat is lightweight and easy to carry around from one place to another, thus making it a good choice for travelling yogis.
Cross Training Mats
Cross-training mats are particular types of yoga mats. They offer extra services when you use them for different activities.
This mat is generally only used for Yoga. Even if you have Manduka pro, it’s not the best option to do a cross-training session unless your cross-training activity is Yoga.
The mat is not very flexible and provides more padding, which may be a problem while practising other sports.
Jade Yoga Mat
It is not a good option for cross-training because it is made for practising only Yoga. However, being a good mat for Yoga, it does provide excellent cushioning to the yogi.
You can practice any sport on this mat; however, be cautious while doing sports as you may feel uncomfortable.
Moisture Transfer Yoga Mats
Yoga mats are always moist at the beginning of your practice. It is normal, and you must accept it as your yoga mat will always be moist before you start practising it.
However, if your yoga mat becomes damp in a brief period (e.g., one hour), then this can become an issue for you.
What are the available sizes of the Jade Fusion mat?
There are many different sizes of Jade Yoga Mats. The most popular size is 24″ x 68″; however, there are also some lesser-known sizes like 24 ¼” x 60 ½”; 26 ¼ “x 63 ½”; 26 ¾ “x 64 ⅛” and 26 ¾ “x 66 ½”.
What’s the difference between the Manduka PRO and Manduka PROLite?
Both of these mats come with a lifetime warranty. However, the Manduka PRO is more heavy-duty because it’s made from PVC, a soft material.
The difference between Manduka PROLite and Pro is that the PROLite has fewer weighings than the Pro but delivers almost the same performance for a more extended period.
Where are Jade Yoga mats made?
As of 2016, Jade has manufacturing plants in Minnesota, New York, and China.
Is the Manduka X available in different sizes?
No, the Manduka X comes in standard size only: 2mm thickness and 24″ x 68″ inches wider.
Manduka Pro and Jade Fusion are excellent yoga mats; however, Manduka Pro fits better for various people. It is more stable and provides more comfort than any other mat in the world.
Jade Fusion is noticeably lighter and offers the same support as Manduka pro, but it doesn't have good durability due to its lightweight. Let's compare Manduka Pro with Jade Fusion.
It’s highly recommended for all yogis to buy a jade fusion yoga mat, especially when travelling from place to place or during hot yoga days (if you don’t like extra padding).